Beach days, vacations, and outdoor activities -- summer is upon us and with the higher temps comes our favorite season for romance and fun. For those in a relationship, now is the time for trips and exploring with partners while singles can use the slower pace to brush up dating profiles, travel, and meet new people. The Ask Cass Editorial Team is also ready for a road trip; we’ll be traveling the globe and cyberspace to develop new initiatives, resources, and services for our readers to enjoy. Be on the lookout for our “Summer Dating Research Series,” prepped with the best data to optimize your relationship approach and experience! To get the season rolling, we’re excited to share some of our Innovative Match (IM) summer favorites. First, here is our top 10 must read list for romantic enlightenment and inspiration. Soak up some fabulous dating know-how while relaxing in the sunshine:
- Have Him at Hello: An IM favorite, Rachel Greenwald’s classic (geared towards our female readers) will equip daters with tried and true tips from a 10-year dating study.
- How Not to Look Old: Fast and Effortless Ways to Look 10 Years Younger, 10 Pounds Lighter, 10 Times Better: Charla Krupp’s New York Times bestseller is an expert, easy-to-follow guide for looking your best.
- The Art of the Approach: The A Game Guide to Meeting Beautiful Women: Logan Edwards targets male readers, sharing advice on being your best self as well as communication strategies for dating success.
- How to Talk to Anyone: Leil Lowndes’ guide is a must-read, presenting proven communication techniques for any encounter. Put these tips into practice this summer and be ready to transform your professional and social life.
- Ladder of Years: O magazine’s own book reviewer, Leigh Haber, recommends this summer read by Anne Tyler. Revel in the journey of a middle-aged woman’s reinvention from an ever-shrinking identity to independence and self-reliance.
- I’ve Got You Under My Skin: New York Times bestselling author Mary Higgins Clark offers another page-turner, perfect company for mystery lovers while traveling or enjoying a staycation.
- Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking: Malcolm Gladwell’s bestseller navigates how we think without thinking and choices that seem to be made in the blink of an eye. Blink is especially applicable in the game of love, offering valuable insight on our everyday interactions.
- Mars and Venus on a Date: Bringing to light the differences between men and women, this fun guide offers perspective that will help you navigate the dating maze and find that special person you've been waiting for.
- Stop Getting Dumped!: Lisa Daily tells all in this practical and hilarious guide to beating the "dating slump" and meeting (and keeping!) the kind of partner we all dream about.
- Find a Husband After 35: (Using What I Learned at Harvard Business School): Another favorite title from dating coach Rachel Greenwald, targeting singles 35-95. Here is her 15-step action program based on simple marketing tactics she learned at Harvard Business School.
Our favorite tip for spicing up those summer nights? Amp up your vacation wardrobe and evenings on the town with Rent the Runway! Our Ask Cass Editorial Team can’t recommend this A-list service enough, which delivers the designer experience right to your door. With a collection of dresses and accessories ranging from Hervé Léger and Badgley Mischka to Carolina Herrera and Versace, the expert Rent the Runway stylists will transform your date look with effortless class and style.
Now that you’re well equipped with our summer faves, ready yourself for the best season yet! Remember to embrace adventure and keep an open mind to new paths. Here’s our favorite mantra from Eric Schmidt:
“Find a way to say yes to things. Say yes to invitations to a new country, say yes to meet new friends, say yes to learn something new. Yes is how you get your first job, and your next job, and your spouse, and even your kids. Even if it's a bit edgy, a bit out of your comfort zone, saying yes means that you will do something new, meet someone new, and make a difference. Yes lets you stand out in a crowd, be the optimist, see the glass full, be the one everyone comes to. Yes is what keeps us all young.”
Here’s to your amazing summer road trip on the Romance Highway, filled with exciting new destinations, people, and experiences!